Security of our website
Our internal network and databases are protected from unauthorised access using a range of security controls, including a secure gateway, intrusion detection and other protection technologies. However, users should be aware that the World Wide Web is an insecure public network that gives rise to a potential risk that:
- a user's transactions may be intercepted or modified by third parties, or
- files which the user downloads may contain computer viruses, disabling codes, worms or other defects or malicious code.
The Commonwealth accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user's computer system, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this Website or its use.
Protect your online security
Before submitting your personal details on our website, help secure your online activity by checking that your computer and use of the internet is as secure as possible.
Steps you may take to help secure your electronic devices are:
- set and protect your passwords
- install and update anti-virus and anti-spyware software
- install and use a firewall
- manage spam emails
- secure your internet browser.
We will not contact you asking for details of your credit card or bank account details by email.
You are encouraged to take precautions to protect your system from viruses or other malicious code that may interfere with or damage your computer system, software or data.
Further information, including practical tips on how to protect yourself against security scams and complete online transactions safely, is available on the Australian Cyber Security Centre’s website.