COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and TIS National on-site services
12 January 2022
With current COVID-19 restrictions in place for most Australian states and territories, please consider the expert public health advice relevant to your state or territory by visiting the Australian Government Department of Health website.
Due to the current delays in receiving COVID-19 PCR test results and the constrained supply of COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) testing kits, please consider using phone and video interpreting services if your agency requires an interpreter to pre-test for COVID-19 prior to attending an on-site job.
- If you request a COVID-19 vaccinated interpreter or require an interpreter show proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to an on-site job, you must:
- clearly state this requirement in the Instructions for Interpreter field of the booking form in TIS Online
- provide all relevant details for the interpreter, for example:
- the number of vaccination doses required (including booster)
- whether evidence of vaccination is required
- what type of evidence (if required) is acceptable. Please be as specific as possible i.e. type of test, time frame for when test result is obtained before attending on-site job, etc.
- If you no longer require an interpreter for an on-site booking, please cancel this booking in TIS Online as soon as practicable.
- If you wish to book an interpreter via our pre-booked phone channel, please ensure your request is submitted at least 48 hours prior to the expected start time to avoid cancellation.
If your agency works with clients at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 or has been identified as a COVID-19 exposure site, TIS National asks that you reconsider your requirement for on-site interpreting.
If you wish to liaise with TIS National regarding your existing on-site booking, please contact our Service Delivery Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to enquire about the requirements above, please contact our Client Engagement Team by email at email@example.com
Share this pageFacebook Twitter