Why should real estate agencies engage an interpreter?
Real estate agents are obliged to make sure that clients properly understand details of transactions, particularly when entering into legally binding agreements, such as tenancies and sales contracts, or when explaining tenancy obligations.
Real estate agents can engage a credentialed interpreter to communicate technical or complex information and to establish a relationship with clients who have limited or no English language proficiency.
Using the Free Interpreting Service is easy and convenient. It is quick and simple to register, and you will be connected to a telephone interpreter within a few minutes of calling.
Services available to real estate agencies
Any property manager, office support staff, or real estate agent can use the Free Interpreting Service to access phone interpreting services delivered by TIS National, including:
- immediate phone interpreting
- Automated Telephone Interpreting Service (ATIS)
- pre-booked phone interpreting
- video remote interpreting.
Real estate agencies are eligible to access the Free Interpreting Service if they:
- hold a real estate agency licence
- provide private residential property services (rental or sales), and
- are providing services to anyone in Australia who is eligible for Medicare.
The Free Interpreting Service can be used for any private residential property matter, including but not limited to:
- signing new tenancy agreements
- organising an inspection
- consulting with owners wishing to sell their house
- consulting with buyers wishing to buy a house
- completing the sale of a house.
Register for the Free Interpreting Service
Each real estate agent will need a unique client code to access the service. To register for a client code, complete the client registration form.
If you require assistance with registering or have queries about eligibility, contact TIS National’s Free Interpreting Service team.
- Read: about the Free Interpreting Service: tisnational.gov.au/FIS
- Read: about how to access TIS National’s online booking system TIS Online
- Order: free promotional materials from the online TIS National catalogue: tisnational.gov.au/promomaterials
Contact: TIS National on 1300 575 847 or email@example.com
24 hours a day, every day of the year
Download the PDF version of the Free Interpreting Service - real estate agencies information sheet
Download the DOC version of the Free Interpreting Service - real estate agencies information sheet